- Our average elementary class size is 15 students.
- The majority of our elementary curriculum is published by Abeka and Bob Jones Press books.
- We offer art, music, and reading time weekly.
- Grades 3rd-5th can participate in TACS Fine Arts and Academic Competitions.
- UPWARD basketball and cheerleading is offered for grades K5-5th through Metro Baptist Church.
This program is offered in conjunction with students who can successfully function within a regular classroom with a few accommodations monitored by Myra Willemin, our on-site educational therapist. Students will have therapy sessions throughout the week as recommended by Mrs. Willemin, but will be in class with their peers majority of their days.
NILD is a program helping students with learning problems discover ways to succeed. The educational therapy program was developed by the National Institute for Learning Disabilities and focuses on stimulating areas of weaknesses in perception and cognition. Our program is not tutorial, and compensatory techniques are avoided. Intensive educational therapy is provided individually to each student. Therapy techniques are especially designed to strengthen deficit areas, thus improving classroom performance.
For more information, visit www.overcomingld.com or contact Myra Willemin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615.517.0447.